Public Sector Pensions
So the public sector workforce does not like the idea of having to contribute more to their pensions.
- Their pensions are guaranteed by the state – no chance of their schemes going bust
- Their schemes are unlikely to be closed
- Seven years ago my private sector pension increased contributions to maintain benefits
- They have now closed the scheme
- I have now been made redundant, so am no longer able to contribute to any scheme, so am not accruing any pension for when I am retired.
So stop moaning, pay up and be grateful.