Donald J Trump is unhinged
Republican presidential rival Lindsey Graham, said: “What has been in the past absurd and hateful has turned dangerous. .. Donald Trump today took xenophobia and religious bigotry to a new level.” …
Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski said Trump’s proposed ban [on Muslims entering the US] would apply to “everybody”, including Muslims seeking immigration visas as well as tourists seeking to enter the country. Another Trump staffer confirmed that the ban would also apply to American Muslims who were currently overseas – presumably including members of the military and diplomatic service.
The Guardian 8 December 2015 : Donald Trump: ban all Muslims entering US
What has provoked this – as if this “man” works on reason?
A couple have been killed in a police gun battle hours after they took part in a mass shooting that left at least 14 people dead and 17 wounded in San Bernardino, California.
The Guardian, 3 December 2015 : San Bernardino: couple die in gun battle with police after mass shooting
It turns out that this couple are Muslim and the attack looks like a terrorist attack.
Well if one couple can tar an entire religion:
- How many people have been shot in contentious circumstances by US police this year? I would suggest that, based on this number, the chance of a US policeman going “rogue” is higher than the chance of a US Muslim going “rogue”. Perhaps Trump-logic would ban the Police from the US?
- “People are getting shot by toddlers on a weekly basis this year” (The Washington Post). Perhaps Trump-logic would ban toddler from the US?
- As for Gun Owners in the US! There has been a “shooting incident” in the US everyday this year. The data:
- 353 Mass shootings this year
- 62 Shootings at Schools
- 12,223 people killed in gun incident
- 24,722 people injured in gun incidents
- (Source: Shooting tracker, Gun Violence Archive quoted by BBC News Website, 3 December 2015 : San Bernardino shooting: Statistics behind US gun violence)
Again Trump-logic would presumably ban gun owners from the US
Of course outside the US, “Trump-logic” has an entirely different meaning that well describes Donald J Trump’s means of communication!
Perhaps we should allow a Bush-Cheney “voice of sanity” comment the final word:
Rival candidate Jeb Bush called Mr Trump “unhinged”, while former US Vice-President Dick Cheney said it “goes against everything we stand for and believe in”.
BBC News Website, 8 December 2015 : Donald Trump’s Muslim US ban call roundly condemned